Google Drive is a free cloud-based storage service that allows users to store and access files online. The service syncs stored documents, photos and more across all of the user’s devices, including mobile devices, tablets and PCs.
Google Drive integrates with the company’s other services and systems including Google Docs, Gmail, Android, Chrome, YouTube, Google Analytics and Google Drive competes with Microsoft OneDrive, Apple iCloud, Box, Dropbox and SugarSync.
How To Recover Deleted Files From Google Drive
If you are struggling to find out how to recover deleted files from Google Drive, then this quick guide is for you. Here, we’ve discussed multiple ways to try and do that.
There are multiple ways available to recover deleted files from Google Drive. These recovery options include:
- Recover deleted files from Google Drive Trash
- Restore Google Drive files from backup
- Check your Google Drive Activity
Related Post => How To Check & Delete Google Search History
1=> Recover deleted files from Google Drive Trash
Just like Recycle Bin on your PC or Trash on Mac, all deleted data from Google Drive is marked deleted and moved to Trash. It remains there for next 30 days and automatically gets deleted after that time period. Here, it gets permanently deleted after 30 days of time. So, if you have file deleted in less than 30 days, then you can check Google Drive Trash to restore deleted files. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:
- Login to your Google Drive account to start recovering process.
- Tap on Trash icon on the left pane to view the deleted files. You may find it is named as Bin sometimes.
- Here, you will find all deleted files on the list. Sift through all the files to find one that you want to restore.
- Once selected, right-click on that and choose restore choice to recover the chosen file. Here, it’ll restore the deleted file to its original location in Drive.
- Note=> You can click on Delete Forever option if you want to permanently delete the file.
2=> Restore Google Drive Files from Backup
If you are G-suite user, then you can try to restore deleted files from Google Drive’s Vault application. It allows you to revive a backup from Google Drive. This web-based tool allows to save the cloud data that is stored in:
- Google Drive
- Google Groups
It allows you to restore deleted files from above mentioned accounts only. It doesn’t support recovery from Google calendar, contacts, and sites. To recover deleted files using Google Vault, follow below mentioned steps:
- Sign into your Google Vault account.
- Here, select “Matters” and choose Pre-Existing Matter. You can find this option in the left pane.
- Tap on Search in the left pane and then select Drive.
- Once you’ve got selected the drive; provide your email address to revive deleted data.
- Next is to click on Search Now option. It will display you all available files based on your search.
- Choose “Export Results” option. It will export all selected files of the list.
Once it completes export process, click on Download to get back your files. Here, it will download all files in a zip file. Once downloaded, you can upload files back to Google Drive for easy access.
Related Post => How to use Google Drive
3=> Check your Google Drive Activity
Being a Google Drive user, you’ll easily view your recent actions in the activity pane. Here you will find two options to view:
First, Details to see with whom the document is shared and see the location of the folder. It also displays you other sharing settings.
Second, Activity to help you view your recent actions In the Google Drive.
To access Activity option in Google Drive, follow below mentioned steps:
- Login to your Google Drive account.
- Here, you need to open your drive. To do this, tap on My Drive option. Here, you will be able to view files that are present in the Drive.
- Next is to find and click on Info pane. Here, you need to tap on icon in the Info pane displayed at upper right corner. You can also choose to open Activity panel by clicking ‘i’ key on your system keyboard.
- Next is to Click on Activity tab to view your recent actions. You can click on specific files or folders to view actions related to that file or folder. You can scroll up or down to view latest and older changes to the selected item.
In addition to recover deleted files from Google Drive, you can also try to recover it from old backups you have created on your system or external drive. You can also try best data recovery software to recover deleted files even from formatted or broken disk. These powerful tools work efficiently on all platforms including Windows, Mac, Android, iOSHealth Fitness Articles, and Linux.