OS devices are one of the most used gadgets across the globe and reasonably so. One key reason for iOS products popularity is its security and regular updates. Installing iOS updates are often done effortlessly, but sometimes you would like to stop the update mid-way.
The device may not seem to allow the users to do so, but it is possible. We are providing various methods to stop the downloading process of your iOS update mid-way.
How To Stop iOS Updates
First of all, turn on the Airplane mode on your device. To do so, follow these points:
- Go to the Control Center.
- Then, tap the Airplane option to switch it ON. It will automatically turn your internet connection to OFF.
- In case the downloading process in process, then attend the Settings then hit the overall tab there. It will be located on your iOS device.
- After that, wait a touch for the storage section to look on your screen.
- Now, scroll down the page and appearance for the running update option that you simply wish to stop.
- Hit the option “Delete Update.”
- Now, you’ll see that your selected iOS update stops successfully.
Remember => The canceled update might trigger sometime in the future. If you want to stop the actual update that you simply don’t wish to urge updated automatically for any reason, you’ll turn the feature to OFF; otherwise, it may update automatically anytime.
Related Post => How To Create Apple ID On iPhone or iPad
You can also check if the canceled update can trigger in the future or not. To do so, follow these easy to use steps:
- First of all, navigate to the Settings application.
- Then, hit the “Software Update” segment there.
- After that, check the update option on whether the canceled update can be activated or not. If you turned your apps settings to ON for automatically update option, then it’d update when it gets connected to the web network (Wi-Fi or cellular).
While Preparing to stop Ongoing iOS Update, follow these instructions:
- Do not try to cancel the update during Installation. It might harm your device and should corrupt your applications.
- Do not close up your iOS device during Installation.
- Do not try to make any other changes if your device iOS is under Installation.
- There is no way to stop a downloaded installation process. You may only stop the method during downloading by abiding above mentioned steps.
If you are trying to prevent the installation process, it’s going to cause data loss or leave your device useless. In this case, you might be required to perform a full system reset, factory reset or sometimes needs DFU to restore to access all the previous applications and features.
Remember=> just in case , you utilize to put in iOS updates via iTunes, then you’ll be required to turn off the iTunes downloading feature on your iOS device.
Related Post => Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch