Before getting into the benefits of Applicant Tracking System, let me tell you what an ATS is. In simple terms, an ATS (Applicant Tracking System) is a software program or tool that helps a recruiter through every step of the process of hiring candidates from job postings, job applications to scheduling interviews, sending automated emails to candidates all the way till choosing the right candidate for the job.
Basically, ATS (Applicant Tracking System) is the technology that the recruitment industry needs in order to make the work of recruiters more efficient and effective.
What is Applicant Tracking System?
An applicant tracking system — or ATS, for brief — may be a kind of software utilized by recruiters and employers during the hiring process to gather , sort, scan, and rank the job applications they receive for his or her open positions.
The applicant tracking system was initially created for big corporations that are familiar with addressing several thousand inbound job applications on a weekly basis. Today, approximately 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies believe ATS software to assist streamline their recruitment process. However, what began as a recruitment solution for giant employers has became a commonplace tool for companies of all shapes and sizes.
Related Post => Search Engine Marketing | Why Your Business Want SEM
Benefits Of Using ATS
Now let’s get into the main points of why recruiters should get an ATS.
They just should! The answer is simple enough for anyone to understand. Why wouldn’t anyone want their work to be easier! In fact, the purpose of creating any new technology is to make the work we do a lot easier to do. With regard to the recruitment industry, there has been a requirement for groundbreaking technology for several years. That is exactly what an ATS is.
Given below are a couple of key reasons why a recruitment agency should have an ATS.
- Building a proper database for candidates:- This helps an agency to store their candidates in an organized manner. A good ATS also allows you to source candidates from your website & social media directly into your Database.
- Resume Parsing:- This helps in efficient pre-screening of candidates through a resume parser.
- Contacting the candidates:- Being constantly in touch with your candidates is important but more important is having to remember your discussion in your last conversation. The best ATS’s allow you to connect notes, add call logs & send emails to your candidates so you’ve got all of your conversations in one place.
- Scheduling interviews:- ATS’s help the recruiters to schedule interviews with candidates easily.
- Measuring the performance of the recruiter:- You can only improve what you can measure. With the help of an ATS, you’ll monitor and evaluate individual recruiter performance objectively.
- There are tons more features of ATS that I can tell you about. But all of those would be meaningless if they did not add value to the work done by the recruiters. The whole point of getting an ATS is to form the work of recruiters and agencies easier.
Related Post => How Employers Use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)